Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
Rediscovery 1: I cut my fringe (or bangs) back in. (Apologies to Rob, my hairdresser, if he’s reading this!) I have been putting off getting a chop for as long as possible as I’d like to have long hair again. However a slightly hungover Friday in work and the walk home led to me deciding that the fringe would be trimmed as soon as I got home. I don’t think it’s too bad for DIY job.
I look better with a fringe. Or at least I think I do and that is what matters. Makes me feel a bit minxy – I blame Bettie Page.
Rediscovery 2: The ring was bought at a posh charity sale a few years ago for 2 euros and is labelled R Sobral. It was always a shade too big for some fingers and too tight on others. However in my search for something to wear out with a plain outfit, I threw it on and it fits my index finger.
Methinks both will be making appearances for a while.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
2. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon accompanied by a Bloody Mary at Lennox Street Cafe is the definition of a perfect brunch.
3. Powerscourt Centre has always been one of my favourite places in Dublin and at the moment it is one of the best places to shop. Hour Glass has very lovely hats, scarves and gloves. 2nd Skin has tights of every description. There is a great selection of vintage jewels in the shops on the second floor, including one that has signed Lea Stein brooches at affordable prices. The Loft has a bit of something for everyone. I could spend a lot of money in there in a very short amount of time.
4. Tom Ford’s Violet Blonde smells amazing and one squirt lingers for hours.
5. D&G have some very cute bike basket-friendly handbags.
6. Everytime I ponder the purchase of a denim skirt I see a girl wearing one and I remember that they don’t really flatter anyone.
7. I am forever indebted to hipsters for making flat shoes fashionable again, however in most cases said shoes are slippy, making hipsters running in the rain slightly entertaining.
8. The sight of Christmas decorations in shops makes my liver hurt. Apparently it never forgets and is not looking forward to the impending festive season.
9. The Starbucks on Harcourt Street is excellent for people watching when taking cover from a particularly heavy shower.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Dream belts...my mom has an amazing vintage brown leather belt from the 70s...you know the ones with a painted scene carved in that includes rainbows and snow-topped mountains...I keep contemplating stealing it. And I have also been keeping my eye out on Ebay for a reversible Hermes belt, preferably in turquoise and black or chocolate brown with a silver H buckle. I think both of these will remain a dream for a good while longer.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Anyhow, how does one accessorise for a weekend of frolics and music in the Irish outdoors? Wellies, sunglasses and tights are mandatory. The name necklace slightly vital to make striking up conversations eith strangers a bit easier. After that it’s whatever takes my fancy – this year it was the Hello Kitty ear headband from H&M and wristwear – I’ll let you guess which cost over €200 and which came out of a Christmas Cracker.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
“Sun might peek out, will I put on my contacts so I can wear my sunglasses?”
I wear this piece quite often and I can’t believe I haven’t written about it before as it is one of my prized possessions and would be saved in a fire. I love the colours, the shape and the fact that the entire pattern is in the shape of an elephant when viewed from a slight distance. (I’ve had a thing for elephants since the 5th grade). If ever I develop an allergy to silk it will be framed and hung on the wall...
Friday, July 22, 2011
It’s the weekend before payday. Every month I swear that it will be different that I will stick to my budget and have loads of cash to spend on the last weekend of the month. Inevitably I find some amazing find on ebay or in the shops or a friend calls to invite me out and I have to say, ‘Ummm...actually...umm’
- A cocktail of muddled nectarines and vodka with some ginger, brown sugar, a dash of nutmeg and topped up with tonic was created. Verdict is that the mix was quite tasty, but nectarines were very pulpy. You would be better off infusing the vodka with nectarines.
- I spied my little AA rope belt this morning and just had to wear it, unfortunately it wouldn’t really tie right as a belt on my dress and I couldn’t loop it as a crown on my head for the office without raising numerous eyebrows. I wore it as a necklace.
Monday, July 11, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
|Taken in Barcelona a few years ago.|
Monday, June 20, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
I did leave Spain with a purchase. Normally I don’t fall for 'it' colours, but when the 'it' colour is yellow (or, officially, 'Mimosa'), by Chanel and can be worn on your nails, well, an exception has to be made. I know I could have purchased it anywhere in the world, but I bought it in Alicante and will think of the trip whenever I wear it and that is what matters. The colour also brightens your mood on the greyest of days, which is never a bad thing when spending the summer in Dublin.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
With the primary accessory and dress chosen, I decided to go for a bit of a 40s theme, carrying a vintage black bag with an art-deco clasp and tights with faux seams up the back. Luckily the only item I had to buy were the tights, which I picked up at M&S for about a tenner, so it was a budgetary and fashion win all around!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
$520 - shopzoeonline.com
$390 - couture.zappos.com
$280 - couture.zappos.com
$4,250 - net-a-porter.com
2,130 GBP - matchesfashion.com
$250 - net-a-porter.com
135 GBP - my-wardrobe.com
115 GBP - net-a-porter.com
312 GBP - net-a-porter.com