Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goldie Looking Chain

Sometimes you come across something in a charity shop or box of a relative’s old things that is incredibly charming, but there is something wrong with it. A cigarette burn, a zipper that needs replacing, or a stain on delicate material makes the item seem a bit of a lost cause, but you are still drawn to it.




A bag was given to me amongst a number of vintage items my mom and aunt had gathered and unfortunately the clasp was completely broken. I’ve taken a number of things to it to try and open it, but to no avail.


I have salvaged a piece of it without very much effort. The strap was a lovely bright gold chain, which I now use as a belt or I double it up and wear it as a necklace.

I have stored the bag portion somewhere 'safe' and hope that I can some day return it to its former glory as a handbag as a belted pouch bag - almost like robin hood would have worn if he were a bit more camp and flashy.




2 comments:

  1. I looooooooooove gold. Ha, that sounds like Goldmember, sorta.
    I'm on the lookout for a chunky gold necklace, not a long one though, one i could wear under the collar of a shirt, if ya get me?

    It's funny because I only started liking gold in the last year 2 years or so, before that I was a silver girl. I'm all about the rose gold especially.
    Ahhh, Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a silver girl for so long myself and then suddenly gold was good too. I know what you mean, I've been keeping an eye out for a chunky gold chain or bracelet.
    I love the Cartier Trinity rings with white, rose and gold gold - sadly I have yet to become or meet the person that can bank roll such dreams...

    ReplyDelete