Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life Goes to a Party

This week saw another work formal occasion, though on this occasion it was on a Thursday and began not long after quitting time.

For the dress I went for a little black number with sequins from Topshop that wouldn’t wrinkle if thrown into a bag. I also knew I could wear my peacock feather headpiece with it, which meant not having to worry too much about the state of my hair after a long day at work.  I bought the headpiece for a friend’s wedding last year off of Etsy and have been looking for an excuse to wear it since.




With the primary accessory and dress chosen, I decided to go for a bit of a 40s theme, carrying a vintage black bag with an art-deco clasp and tights with faux seams up the back. Luckily the only item I had to buy were the tights, which I picked up at M&S for about a tenner, so it was a budgetary and fashion win all around!


No comments:

Post a Comment