Saturday, October 15, 2011

Today's Lessons

1. The water in my area was being shut off for the day. Unfortunately I learned this post-yoga and pre-shower. Thank goodness for baby wipes and dry shampoo.

2. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon accompanied by a Bloody Mary at Lennox Street Cafe is the definition of a perfect brunch.

3. Powerscourt Centre has always been one of my favourite places in Dublin and at the moment it is one of the best places to shop. Hour Glass has very lovely hats, scarves and gloves. 2nd Skin has tights of every description. There is a great selection of vintage jewels in the shops on the second floor, including one that has signed Lea Stein brooches at affordable prices. The Loft has a bit of something for everyone. I could spend a lot of money in there in a very short amount of time.

4. Tom Ford’s Violet Blonde smells amazing and one squirt lingers for hours.

5. D&G have some very cute bike basket-friendly handbags.

6. Everytime I ponder the purchase of a denim skirt I see a girl wearing one and I remember that they don’t really flatter anyone.

7. I am forever indebted to hipsters for making flat shoes fashionable again, however in most cases said shoes are slippy, making hipsters running in the rain slightly entertaining.

8. The sight of Christmas decorations in shops makes my liver hurt. Apparently it never forgets and is not looking forward to the impending festive season.

9. The Starbucks on Harcourt Street is excellent for people watching when taking cover from a particularly heavy shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment