Monday, August 22, 2011

Bead it!

I have been a bad blogger lately. Not sure if it’s a bit of writer’s block or if I’ve been occupied with so many other things that I just don’t have the energy for writing. I have a feeling the blogging may be a bit intermittent until the end of October, so please be patient with me!

I like to refer to these beads as my flapper beads. My lovely friend Jan purchased them for me many moons ago in H&M after I nearly swiped some vintage glass beads of the same colour that she possessed. I have searched for a vintage glass version, but they’re a bit pricey for my purse strings these days. I love beads in their many forms, especially long beads because they can have a bit of swing and you can play with them when you’re bored.

I hadn’t worn these in quite a while, but have a feeling they will be in rotation quite a bit this autumn/winter. I’m looking forward to deep jewel tones and bought myself a little rust coloured dress at H&M on Sunday. I look forward to pairing it with these beads, a number of other necklaces, scarves, a top underneath, a cardigan on top, various tights, brown shoes, black shoes...I was going to try and hold off wearing it until September, but have a feeling it will make its first appearance this week...

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm a bit sad I didn't get through either but some people's blog were amazing. So much better than mine:) Maybe next year though!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete