Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mo Rún


As some of you may or may not know I’ve been going to Irish classes for over a year and have finally taken the opportunity to go to the Gaeltacht for some intensive study and scenery.

Unfortunately I do not know the Gaelige for accessories, but hopefully I’ll learn it this weekend.  I’m keeping the fabulousness to a minimum as I’ll be sitting in a classroom most of the time, but am taking my Name Necklace, vintage Gucci bag, and a few pairs of earrings. The weather is meant to be great, but a mac, proper shoes and layers must be packed anyhow!

I don’t have any overtly Irish accessories, but I do have this amazing twee handkerchief that was amongst my Grandma Betty’s things and given to me after she passed away. Illustrated on the handkerchief are Glendalough, Blarney Castle, Ross Castle and the Hills of Donegal, where I’m headed this weekend. I must frame it and hang it on the wall as it's a lovely piece.

I won't be posting for the next few days, but let me know what you think of the refurb!

No comments:

Post a Comment