Monday, April 4, 2011

Eccentric Librarian

I have a lovely routine on Sundays, it usually consists of hitting the local pricey grocery store for breakfast, the newspaper and then a lovely Italian coffee shop for a latte. Once I have satisfied my journalism and caffeine cravings, I get dressed, head to the more affordable grocery stores (generally of a German variety) and when I return I embark on a prepping and cooking adventure, making meals in bulk for lunch and dinner.

This Sunday was not of my normal routine as a friend was visiting from Edinburgh, but last Sunday’s outfit began with the most basic canvas – a white t-shirt and jeans. Then on to the accoutrements…it’s still fairly cool here so decided to don my mad Penguin cardigan purchased in TJ Maxx a few years ago. TJ Maxx is not a typo – that’s the US name for TK Maxx – I will never quite understand why there is a difference.  My dad and grandfather had worn Penguin in the 70s and 80s and I was delighted when I heard it was making a comeback. I was not so delighted when I discovered that the shirts I had planned on robbing from my father had made their way to the charity shop not too long before said comeback.

I didn’t go for any other accessories as I figured the glasses and cardigan were enough to embody my intended eccentric librarian look. I do wish I had a really chunky gold chain as I think it would work really well this.


No comments:

Post a Comment