Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring it on


I am a big fan of cardigans. I am pretty sure this obsession originates from my angstful teens and the fact that when my paternal grandfather passed away my father inherited a number of his golf cardigans.


There was a marled grey, wool acrylic blend, with a v-neck and an embroidered crest from some golf tournament that I wore pretty much everyday for a few winters, even when it started to come apart at the seams. There was another dark brown and tan argyle print with these gorgeous ‘tiger-eye’ buttons that  I adored, but didn’t wear too often and the last time I saw it, my brother had hijacked it from my wardrobe, completing the circle of closet thievery in my house.

My sweater drawer is probably 70% cardigans - they are invaluable for layering year-round. My most recent acquisition is this not so mellow yellow H&M cardigan. It was only a 10er and is the perfect pick me up for the transition to spring. I added the bow with a safety pin, which I fashioned out of a belt from a dress and paired it with a white tee and my favourite (only) pair of trousers. As the song says, 'Let the sunshine in.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment